Friday, August 14, 2026

The Perfect Bloody Mary

 Most Bloody Marys are just tomato juice with worcestestershire sauce added to it and sometimes a little horesradish but i wanted something with more flavor. Here is what I like to call the Perfect Bloody Mary



The base for a good Bloody Mary is the tomato juice. During tomato growing season I can dozens of jars of juice for my Bloody Marys. Store bought juice will do but it is a little thicker than the juice I make myself.

Worcestestershire sauce and horeseradish are important ingredients but the addition of herbs and spices bring the drink to the next level.

Here is how I make it

The Perfect BloodyMary recipe

1 pint tomato juice

2 Tbsp prepared horseradish

2 Tbsp worceteshershire sauce

1 tsp cayene hot sauce 

sprinkle of salt

sprinkle of black pepper

1/2 tsp celery seed 

1/2 tsp sugar (i use allulose sugar subtitute)

1/2 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp tumeric

1/2 tsp garlic

Shake well in a large mason jar or container with a lid filled with cup of ice.

Add a good guality vodka or tequila or make it a virgin

Rim glass with your choice of celery salt, Tajin, smoked sea salt blends, black pepper blends , or bacon salt.

Garnish as you like

Some garnish suggestions are

celery stalk

cheddar cheese cubes on a spear

olives

pepperoni slices

In Alaska I enjoyed a Bloody Mary garnished with a large crabmeat claw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Perfect Bloody Mary