OMG Brownies -Did we say Zucchini


We do have a lot of zucchini in the garden already and as much as I love this vegetable I also love being creative with cooking it. Today I made zucchini brownies with an old fashion peanut butter icing. It was crazy good!!!




To make the brownie I used the following ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded zucchini 

Mixed together sugar and oil
Another bowl mix the dry ingredients 
Add dry to sugar and oil
The mixture will be very dry together but this is okay
Fold in the zucchini 

Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been greased and floured

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes 

To make the icing 

In a large sauce pan ( large because the mixture will foam up) 
Add to sauce pan the following
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
1 tablespoon butter
Cook this mixture on the stove top until it reaches the soft ball temp
Remove from heat and add 1 cup of peanut butter
Stir until smooth

Pour this over the brownies and wait until cooled to cut

My grandmother would make this peanut butter icing and use over a yellow cake. It has always been my favorite cake.  I knew that putting peanut butter icing on these brownies would be scrumptious and I was right. 

I hope you will try this recipe with or without the icing these brownies are moist and delicious.  


No comments:

Post a Comment