Freezing Green Tomatoes

Freezing green tomatoes is very easy. Just follow these simple steps

 Prepare your work area
I put a layer of parchment paper on each sheet pan.  Just to make sure the frozen tomatoes do not stick on pan. I only have four sheet pans so I have to work in small batches.
Make sure you have plenty of room to work


Washed tomatoes ready to be sliced

Slice tomatoes into 1/4 slices I slice off and discard the very tip of the tomatoes and the part where the stem is connected to the bush

Place evenly on sheet pans Close but not touching



Place in freezer until fully frozen -generally a couple of hours will do
Be sure to label your bag with contents and date frozen

Add as many to the bag as needed

 Now lets cook some fried green tomatoes.  Coat your tomatoes in cornmeal and fry until golden brown. 

I love my fried green tomatoes topped with feta cheese

Now that I have green tomatoes in my freezer I can enjoy these anytime of the year