Carrots, Onions, and Potatoes



  Today I am going to make a stew from beef chunks and all of these beautiful vegetables. The onions are still small but will add a great flavor to my dish.  Since the red potatoes are freshly dug it takes little effort to remove the skins.  Usually rubbing the potatoes with you're hands or a vegetable brush is all that is needed to remove the skins. Carrots are my families favorite vegetable and they add such flavor to the stew.
  
 It is very exciting to always have a variety of food in my back yard.  In the fall and winter the green veggies such as broccoli ,Brussels sprouts, and all the other greens are abundant and then spring comes and the menu changes.  

  This week we have been lucky to have fresh yellow squash, zucchini , potatoes, carrots, lettuce, and onions from our own backyard garden.  

 It only takes a small space and a few plants to have a variety of fresh vegetables every day.  I hope I   inspire you to have a garden in your yard or patio.  


1 comment: