Dehydrated Zucchini Chips
The kids love these chips and eat them up as soon as they come out of the dehydrator. If by chance I do have a few left I put them in a mason jar and use my seal a meal machine to seal the lid. This makes sure no moisture gets to the chips because this will influence the crispness of the chip. The chips are good as a stand alone snack or use them as a dip chip for salsa. Here is how I make them
1. After washing and trimming off ends I slice very thin on my mandolin slicer
2. In a pot of boiling water I blanch the slices for a couple of minutes
3.Remove from boiling water and put the slices into a cold water bath Remove slices and drain off excess water
4. I use my salad spinner and spin slices as dry as possible
5. Place in single layer in dehydrator, sprinkle with salt and dill and dehydrate at about 135 degrees for about 4 hours just check for crispness after 2 hours and go from there
My Favorite Zucchini Bread
I have tried many recipes for zucchini bread but this is the best of all of them.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
grease and flour pans Preheat oven to 375 degrees
sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry sifted ingredients into the creamy mixture. Stir in shredded zucchini and mix until combined.
Divide batter equally into the greased and floured pans.
Bake 40 to 60 minutes Checking to if it is done by using a tester inserted in the middle. When the tester comes out clean bread is done. cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Loaves can been wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in freezer for later use. If wrapped and stored properly loaves will be good for 6 to 8 months. I put my loaves in seal a meal bags after they have frozen. This way the bread is not squeezed to much from the machine. This helps keep out any odors that the bread picks ups in the freezer.
- 6 Cups grated zucchini (squeeze to remove excess water)
- 4 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 large can crushed pineapple (juice and all)
- 1 (6oz) package Jello, any flavor